K2200 Epic Bolt LC White
K2200 Epic Bolt LC White - 1 Gallon
Wilflex Epic Bolt white ink is a versatile low-cure/ low-bleed white ink designed for use on 100% cotton, 100% polyester and polyester-blended garments. The low-cure and low-bleed properties spare sensitive garments from potentially damaging effects of heat during the curing process. The versatility of the ink allows it to cure on cotton and polyester garments in the same oven, without the need to double-cure the cotton garment. This enables fast production, fast print speeds and fast flash times.
Wilflex Epic Bolt white ink also delivers a smooth, bright white finish with premium aesthetic, hand and fiber matte-down. The opacity and brightness allow the ink to hold detail with fine mesh halftone graphics as well as in vector stand-alone white graphics.
- High opacity, superior coverage, brilliant white
- Low cure, save energy, reduce bleed defects
- Premium soft hand, drape and fiber-matte down
- Excellent for vector and fine mesh half-tone graphics
- Excellent bleed resistance on poly-blends
- Commendable printability on both manual and automatic presses
- Polyblends, triblends, cotton/poly blends, 100% polyester*, 100% cotton, non-woven polypropylene bags (NPB)
- Counts: 86-305 t/in (34-120 t/cm)
- Tension: 25-35 n/cm
- Durometer: 60/90/60, 70/90/70, 60-70
- Edge: Square, Sharp
- Stroke: Hard flood, fast stroke
- *Do not use excess squeegee pressure
- Direct: 2 over 2
- Off Contact: 1/16” (.2cm)
- Emulsion Over Mesh: 15-20%
Flash & Cure Temperatures
- Flash: 220°F (105°C)
- Cure: 270°F (132°C) Entire ink film
- EQ: N/A
- MX: N/A
- PC: N/A
- *All percentages listed at % by weight.
- Extender: N/A
- Reducer: Epic Viscosity Buster-1% max
- *All percentages listed at % by weight
Shipping & Storage
- 65-90°F (18-32°C)
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Use within one year of receipt
- Ink degradent or press wash
- Stir inks before printing
- Use consistent, high-tensioned screen mesh and sharp edged squeegees for best print results
- Use a printing technique to assure a good ink deposit to maximize bleed resistance and film strength properties
- Allows for fast print strokes and easy clearance on fine mesh. Use hard flood and low-medium squeegee pressure
- Bolt LC White is a low bleed and low cure ink. *When printing on 100% polyester, cure at 270°F (132°C) and pre-test for bleed resistance. For challenging fabrics, a bleed blocking underbase such as EPIC Armor LC Gray or Black is required
- For best results on non-woven polypropylene bags, single print using 110-156 t/in (43-62 t/cm) mesh with a 60 or 70 single durometer squeegee and cure at 270°F (132°C)
- Adjust flash cure temperature and dwell time so ink is just dry to touch. Depending on flash unit, a 2 - 3 second flash is adequate.
- Curing is a time and temperature process, a lower oven temperature setting with a slower belt speed while maintaining recommended ink cure temperature is always best to protect fabric, control dye migration and reduce energy consumption
- Bolt LC White can be cured between 270°F - 320°F (132°C - 160°C)
- Suitable for use as an underbase flash white or as a hi-lite white
- Stir plastisols before printing.
- Do not dry clean, bleach or iron printed area.
- Perform fusion tests before production. Failure to cure ink properly can result in poor wash fastness, inferior adhesion and unacceptable durability. Gel and cure temperatures for ink should be measured using a Thermoprobe device placed directly in the wet ink film and verified on the substrate(s) and equipment to be used for production.
- It is the responsibility of the printer to determine that the correct ink has been selected for a specific substrate and the application processes meet the printer’s customer standards or specifications.
- Curing is the responsibility of each printer to confirm that the print is fully cured. PolyOne’s cure recommendations are not a guarantee or warranty, but merely suggested starting points for curing evaluations as explained above.
- When printing on garments that contain certain dyes, you must pre-test for the potential ghosting. Please refer to our website for more information on this issue.
- Wilflex products have been carefully designed to perform within a given viscosity range, and any dramatic change in viscosity is probable to result in a change in printing characteristics
- NON-CONTAMINATION OF EPIC INKS: Do not mix EPIC inks with inks, additives or extenders from other companies. All buckets, palette knives, stirring apparatus, squeegees, flood bars and screens must be cleaned properly and free of phthalates and pvc containing inks. Non-phthalate emulsions and pallet adhesives must be used. Failure to follow these precautions may cause phthalate contamination in violation of consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Any application not referred in this product information bulletin should be pre-tested or consultation sought with Wilflex Technical Services Department prior to printing.