GTX - T-Lock Platen Kit
GTX - T-Lock Platen Kit - Default Title
Maximize the power of your Brother® DTG printer by expanding the products that you can print on. The T-Lock Platen kit is a multi-purpose platen that allows Brother® DTG users to print on garments and other substrates that is typically difficult to do using the standard Adult Platen. The T-Lock Base is designed to easily insert and remove platen inserts of all different sizes. Brother® DTG users can even create their own custom platen sizes to be used in conjunction with the T-Lock Base.
The T-Lock Platen Kit comes with the following inserts:
- Youth Platen Insert (10" x 12")
- Baby Platen Insert (7" x 8")
- H-Base Insert
- Square Inserts (4" x 4")
- Long Sleeve Insert (4" x 14")
- Zipper Inserts
- Polo Inserts
The following are optional platen inserts that will also work with the versatile T-Lock Base.
- Cap Platen Insert
- Oversized Platen Insert (16" x 18") - not to be used with GT-541 printers
- Wrap Around Insert
- Shoulder Insert
Often Purchased With
FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS
VERSATILE PLATEN BASE
Powder coated metal platform designed to help maximize ROI by printing on more substrates.
MULTIPLE PLATEN INSERTS
Kit includes over 9 different platen inserts for printing on baby, youth, sleeves, zippers, polos and more.
QUICK CHANGE T-LOCK BRACKETS
Unique design that allows for switching from one platen insert to another by twisting the locking mechanism.
REGISTRATION & LEVELING SYSTEM
Registration bolts prevent the platen inserts from sliding and leveling bolts help to provide the best possible print.
OPTIONAL PLATEN INSERTS
Select from one of our optional platen inserts to offer your customers something new to increase your sales.
CUSTOM PLATEN CAPABILITY
Need a custom size platen insert? No problem, use T-Lock Base to make your own to match your needs.
INCLUDED PLATEN INSERTS
METAL BASE WITH PINS
Made from powder coated metal, this base was designed from manufacturing platens for Brother DTG printers for several years.
YOUTH PLATEN INSERT
This 10.5” x 12.5” platen insert is designed to work with the Youth Platen in the Brother DTG driver and is perfect for printing on Youth size garments, tote bags and medium size items.
BABY PLATEN INSERT
This 6.5” x 8.5” platen insert is designed to work with the Baby Platen in the Brother DTG driver and is ideal for printing on onesies and other infant size garments.
H-BASED PLATEN INSERT
This platen insert is used to mount the following platen inserts that are attached using threaded inserts and wing nuts (included in the Accessories Kit).
TWO SQUARE PLATEN INSERTS
These two 4.25” x 4.25" square inserts are designed for printing on short sleeves and pocket prints.
LONG SLEEVE PLATEN INSERT
This 4” x 14” rectangle insert is designed for printing on long sleeves using the included black clips and wing nuts in the Accessories Kit.
ZIPPER PLATEN INSERTS
These two 6.5” x 16” inserts have slots in the top side to allow users to adjust the width of the gap to allow full zip garments to be easily printed.
Used in conjunction with the Zipper Inserts, the Polo Inserts allow for printing on polo shirts and other garments that have buttons at the top of the neckline.
A package of wing nuts, bolts and other key items needed to use the variety of inserts that come with the T-Lock Platen kit.
Follow the instructions below to prepare the T-Lock Base for use:
1. Locate the two Registration Bolts on the bottom side of the T-Lock Base. Using a screw driver, screw the bolts all the way into the base so that they extend out of the top side.
2. Screw in the four micro Leveling Pins using your fingers.
1. Hold the platen insert with the counter sunk holes facing up.
2. Using the provided screws, use a screw driver to attach the T-Lock Brackets to the Baby, Youth and H-Base platen inserts. These are the only three included inserts that you will attached the T-Lock Brackets to.
Below are the instructions for removing the Adult platen and installing the T-Lock Platen on the Brother DTG printer:
1. Remove the Adult Platen by loosening the Locking Lever and lifting the platen straight up.
2. Insert the T-Lock Base into the platen stem of the Brother DTG printer.
3. Install the desired Platen Insert so T-Lock brackets slide into the slots in T-Lock Base.
4. Secure the Platen Insert by rotating the center piece in the T-Lock brackets.
5. Load garment and adjust the height of the platen to the desired position and tighten Locking Lever.