Thread Tension Gauge
Thread Tension Gauge - Default Title
Tajima's pencil style tension gauge for setting proper top thread tensions.
The Tajima top thread pencil style tension gauge has a hook on one side with a slide guide that is used to set top thread tension on commercial embroidery machines. The slide needle works with a spring to indicate if you need to tighten or loosen top thread tension.
- Tajima top thread tension gauge
- Spring driven analog window
- 5.5” long
For use with:
- Embroidery thread on commercial embroidery machines
ISACORD 40 KS - Variegated Embroidery ThreadsRegular price $10.50 CADRegular priceUnit price per
ISACORD 40 KS 5000M - 100% Polyester Embroidery ThreadsRegular price $8.95 CADRegular priceUnit price per
ISACORD 40 KS 5000M - 100% Polyester Embroidery Threads - Discontinued ColoursRegular price $4.00 CADRegular priceUnit price per
$8.95 CADSale price $4.00 CADSale
ISAMET 40 KS - Metallic Embroidery ThreadsRegular price From $13.00 CADRegular priceUnit price per
ISAMET 40 KS 1000M - Colour Metallic Embroidery ThreadsRegular price $18.00 CADRegular priceUnit price per
N-TECH - Heat-Resistant/Fire Retardant Embroidery ThreadsRegular price $49.00 CADRegular priceUnit price per
SABA - Polyester Matt Embroidery ThreadsRegular price $8.50 CADRegular priceUnit price per
Serafil 5000M 60 WT - Small Detail Embroidery ThreadsRegular price $14.00 CADRegular priceUnit price per
1. Pull approximately 6 inches of thread through the needle and presser foot.
2. Wrap the thread around the gauge hook (sometimes itʼs necessary to wrap it several times so it wonʼt slip).
3. Steadily pull the gauge towards you with the window of the barrel facing up.
4. As you pull, take note of the reading. These represent tension readings in grams. Polyester threads require higher tensions than Rayon. Polyester tensions 120 to 150 grams. Rayon tensions 100 to 120 grams.
5. Adjust your machine main tension knob until you get the desired reading.