K2912 Viscosity Buster LC
K2912 Viscosity Buster LC - 1 Gallon
Wilflex™ Specialty Inks offers a range of reducers to lower the viscosity of plastisol inks. These reducers are used as additives to modify the flow and printing characteristics of plastisol inks. Additions of 1-3% by weight will de-tack and improve the flow properties of finished ink. Do not use more then 3% by weight. This product is very efficient in small amounts. Will not affect Bleed Resistance or opacity when used as directed.
- Designed to reduce viscosity in plastisol inks
- see relevant PIB
- Counts: see relevant PIB
- Tension: see relevant PIB
- Durometer: see relevant PIB
- Edge: see relevant PIB
- Stroke: see relevant PIB
- *Do not use excess squeegee pressure
- Direct: see relevant PIB
- Off Contact: see relevant PIB
- Emulsion Over Mesh: see relevant PIB
Flash & Cure Temperatures
- Flash: see relevant PIB
- Cure: see relevant PIB
- *All percentages listed at % by weight
Shipping & Storage
- 65-90°F (18-32°C)
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Use within one year of receipt
- Ink degradent or press wash
- Stir inks thoroughly when adding reducer
- 2915 CURABLE REDUCER is an efficient reducer and an addition of 5% by weight will lower the viscosity of most plastisol inks by 25%. Adding curable reducer at recommended amounts will not alter the cure temperature of the plastisol ink. Additions greater than 10% may reducer opacity, bleed and affect cure temperatures
- 2910 VISCOSITY BUSTER is a concentrated reducer and will stabilize and improve the flow properties of plastisol finished inks. Viscosity buster is concentrated and very efficient in reducing viscosity at small amounts. Start at 0.5% by weight and increase by 0.5% until desired viscosity is reached. Do not use more the 3% by weight
- 2912 VISCOSITY BUSTER LC is a new technology and sustainable alternative to the 2910 Viscosity Buster. 2912 VISCOSITY BUSTER LC is a concentrated reducer and used to stabilize and improve the flow properties of plastisol finished inks. Viscosity buster is concentrated and very efficient in reducing viscosity at small amounts. Start at 0.5% by weight and increase by 0.5% until desired viscosity is reached. Do not use more the 3% by weight
- 2910 Viscosity Buster and 2912 Viscosity Buster LC are best used with high viscous plastisol such as whites and blockers when reduction is needed. Please see specific PIBs
- When using these reducers within the recommended percentages, follow the cure temperature requirements as stated on the relevant plastisol ink PIB. Using these reducers will not lower the cure temperatures
- With all reducers, any dramatic changes in viscosity may result in altered printing characteristics
- Store 2912 Viscosity Buster LC at room temperature or above. Avoid storing this product in cold areas or on cold floors. Temperatures below 32°F (0°C) may cause the product to separate
- Stir plastisols before printing.
- Do not dry clean, bleach or iron printed area.
- Perform fusion tests before production. Failure to cure ink properly can result in poor wash fastness, inferior adhesion and unacceptable durability. Gel and cure temperatures for ink should be measured using a Thermoprobe device placed directly in the wet ink film and verified on the substrate(s) and equipment to be used for production.
- It is the responsibility of the printer to determine that the correct ink has been selected for a specific substrate and the application processes meet the printer’s customer standards or specifications.
- Curing is the responsibility of each printer to confirm that the print is fully cured. PolyOne’s cure recommendations are not a guarantee or warranty, but merely suggested starting points for curing evaluations as explained above.
- When printing on garments that contain certain dyes, you must pre-test for the potential ghosting. Please refer to our website for more information on this issue.
- Wilflex products have been carefully designed to perform within a given viscosity range, and any dramatic change in viscosity is probable to result in a change in printing characteristics
- NON-CONTAMINATION OF EPIC INKS: Do not mix EPIC inks with inks, additives or extenders from other companies. All buckets, palette knives, stirring apparatus, squeegees, flood bars and screens must be cleaned properly and free of phthalates and pvc containing inks. Non-phthalate emulsions and pallet adhesives must be used. Failure to follow these precautions may cause phthalate contamination in violation of consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Any application not referred in this product information bulletin should be pre-tested or consultation sought with Wilflex Technical Services Department prior to printing.