K2580 Infinite FX Sculpture Base
K2580 Infinite FX Sculpture Base - 1 Gallon
Wilflex™ Specialty Inks INFINITE FX SCULPTURE BASE is a specially formulated for high density printing with a hard texture feel. Printed images can have either a smooth or textured surface depending on mesh counts and printing parameters. Sculpture Base controls the smallest design details–even with high density printing.
- Smooth or textured hard surface and excellent edge definition
- Excellent adhesion to fabrics, stretch properties, and wash durability
- Use by itself or intermix with other Infinite FX Bases for unlimited design effects
- Excellent performance with providing structure and shape for HD prints
- Suitable for high density or conventional flat screens
- Tintable for infinite color combinations
- 100% cotton, cotton blends, some synthetics
- Counts: 86-230 t/in (34-91 t/cm)
- Tension: 25-35 n/cm
- Durometer: 70/90/70, 70
- Edge: Square, Sharp
- Stroke: Hard flood, Slow stroke
- *Do not use excess squeegee pressure
- Direct: 2 over 2
- Off Contact: 1/16” (.2cm)
- Emulsion Over Mesh: 15-20% or 200-400 micron
Flash & Cure Temperatures
- Flash: 220°F (105°C)
- Cure: 320°F (160°C)
- up to 5% Wilflex PC
- up to 8% Wilflex EQ or Rutland C3
- up to 30% Wilflex RIO/MX or Rutland M3
- 2910 VISCOSITY BUSTER - 1% max
- 2912 VISCOSITY BUSTER - 1% max
- *All percentages listed at % by weight
Shipping & Storage
- 65-90°F (18-32°C)
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Use within one year of receipt
- Ink degradent or press wash
- Use consistent, high-tensioned screen mesh and sharp edged squeegees for best print results. Recommended mesh counts can vary depending on particle size
- For best HD results, use open mesh counts with 200 - 400 micron capillary film and print-flashprint. Use a heavy flood to fully fill the open areas of the stencil with ink then print with medium squeegee pressure
- Best when printed over a flash-dried underbase but suitable to be printed direct
- Adjust off-contact to imprint mesh patterns into Sculpture Base for textured feel and unique design effect
- Tintable with plastisol colorants. See Pigment Loading section for suggested starting tinting percentages. Reduce the amount of white colorant in the formula as specialty base will lighten the color
- Sculpture Base is commendable in keeping shape and providing structure for HD print designs. Use Sculpture Base by itself or combine with other Infinite FX bases for a unique effect
- Stir plastisols before printing.
- Do not dry clean, bleach or iron printed area.
- Perform fusion tests before production. Failure to cure ink properly can result in poor wash fastness, inferior adhesion and unacceptable durability. Gel and cure temperatures for ink should be measured using a Thermoprobe device placed directly in the wet ink film and verified on the substrate(s) and equipment to be used for production.
- It is the responsibility of the printer to determine that the correct ink has been selected for a specific substrate and the application processes meet the printer’s customer standards or specifications.
- Curing is the responsibility of each printer to confirm that the print is fully cured. PolyOne’s cure recommendations are not a guarantee or warranty, but merely suggested starting points for curing evaluations as explained above.
- When printing on garments that contain certain dyes, you must pre-test for the potential ghosting. Please refer to our website for more information on this issue.
- Wilflex products have been carefully designed to perform within a given viscosity range, and any dramatic change in viscosity is probable to result in a change in printing characteristics
- NON-CONTAMINATION OF EPIC INKS: Do not mix EPIC inks with inks, additives or extenders from other companies. All buckets, palette knives, stirring apparatus, squeegees, flood bars and screens must be cleaned properly and free of phthalates and pvc containing inks. Non-phthalate emulsions and pallet adhesives must be used. Failure to follow these precautions may cause phthalate contamination in violation of consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Any application not referred in this product information bulletin should be pre-tested or consultation sought with Wilflex Technical Services Department prior to printing.