K2564 Infinite FX Nova Base
K2564 Infinite FX Nova Base - 1 Gallon
Wilflex™ Specialty Inks INFINITE FX NOVA BASE is a multi-purpose special effect ink for creating dry flake glitter effects and other specialty print surfaces. When mixed with a glitter particle flake, Nova Base has the ability to penetrate the fabric and leave the glitter flake exposed and dry to touch. Nova Base allows the glitter flake to retain its edge sharpness and brilliance when printed onto light and dark fabrics.
- Multi-purpose specialty base that creates textured surfaces when pigments, finished inks or particles are added
- Excellent wash properties. Glitter stays on the design!
- Base penetrates fabric, leaving glitter flake exposed and dry. Allows glitter to retain sharp edges, shine and clarity
- Low-cure, save energy
- Tintable with plastisol colorants
- 100% cotton, blends, some synthetics
- Counts: 24-61 t/in (9-24 t/cm)
- Tension: 25-35 n/cm
- Durometer: 60/90/60, 60-70
- Edge: Square, Sharp
- Stroke: Hard flood, Medium stroke
- *Do not use excess squeegee pressure
- Direct: 2 over 2
- Off Contact: 1/16” (.2cm)
- Emulsion Over Mesh: 15-20%
Flash & Cure Temperatures
- Flash: 220°F (105°C)
- Cure: 270°F (132°C) Entire Ink Film
- up to 5% Wilflex PC
- up to 10% Wilflex EQ
- up to 15% Wilflex MX/RIO
- up to 10% Rutland C3 Boosters
- *All percentages listed at % by weight
Shipping & Storage
- 65-90°F (18-32°C)
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Use within one year of receipt
- Ink degradent or press wash
- Use consistent, high-tensioned screen mesh and sharp edged squeegees for best print results. Recommended mesh counts can vary depending on particle size
- Mix up to 15% glitter particles dependent on particle size and desired look, mix thoroughly. A particle size of .008" x .008" is a good recommendation
- Print in last position or flash after each print if using multiple screens
- Use a heavy flood stroke and then light squeegee pressure to print Nova Base and glitter particle ink onto the garment. Excessive print pressure can cause too little base to be on the surface for a good adhesion to the flake
- To achieve the dry flake effect, print the Nova Base and glitter mixture directly onto the fabric to allow the base to penetrate into the garment. To achieve a glossier look, print the ink onto a flash-dried base plate
- Tintable with plastisol colorants. See Pigment Loading section for suggested tinting percentages. Adjust the % colorant added based on the strength of the colorants and color saturation desired
- Metallics reflect infrared heat and a forced air dryer is recommended for curing. If using an electric oven, extend dwell time to achieve proper cure
- Curing is a time and temperature process, a lower oven temperature setting with a slower belt speed while maintaining recommended ink cure temperature is always best to protect fabric, control dye migration and reduce energy consumption
- INFINITE FX NOVA BASE can be cured between 270°F - 320°F (132°C - 160°C)
- Stir plastisols before printing.
- Do not dry clean, bleach or iron printed area.
- Perform fusion tests before production. Failure to cure ink properly can result in poor wash fastness, inferior adhesion and unacceptable durability. Gel and cure temperatures for ink should be measured using a Thermoprobe device placed directly in the wet ink film and verified on the substrate(s) and equipment to be used for production.
- It is the responsibility of the printer to determine that the correct ink has been selected for a specific substrate and the application processes meet the printer’s customer standards or specifications.
- Curing is the responsibility of each printer to confirm that the print is fully cured. PolyOne’s cure recommendations are not a guarantee or warranty, but merely suggested starting points for curing evaluations as explained above.
- When printing on garments that contain certain dyes, you must pre-test for the potential ghosting. Please refer to our website for more information on this issue.
- Wilflex products have been carefully designed to perform within a given viscosity range, and any dramatic change in viscosity is probable to result in a change in printing characteristics
- NON-CONTAMINATION OF EPIC INKS: Do not mix EPIC inks with inks, additives or extenders from other companies. All buckets, palette knives, stirring apparatus, squeegees, flood bars and screens must be cleaned properly and free of phthalates and pvc containing inks. Non-phthalate emulsions and pallet adhesives must be used. Failure to follow these precautions may cause phthalate contamination in violation of consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Any application not referred in this product information bulletin should be pre-tested or consultation sought with Wilflex Technical Services Department prior to printing.