K2530 Infinite FX Shimmer Base
K2530 Infinite FX Shimmer Base - 1 Gallon
Wilflex™ Specialty Inks INFINITE FX SHIMMER BASE is a crystal clear base specifically designed for printing shimmer and liquid metallic flakes. The shimmer base allows for infinite creativity in designs and can be mixed with multiple colored metallic flakes. Infinite FX Shimmer Base is a low-cure special effect with excellent adhesion and wash durability.
- Add metallic flakes to base for infinite designs
- Low-cure, save energy
- Tintable with plastisol colorants
- Use on various colored grounds and underbase for different effects
- Excellent adhesion to fabrics, stretch properties, and wash durability
- 100% cotton, blends, some synthetics
- Counts: 86-160 t/in (34-62 t/cm)
- Tension: 25-35 n/cm
- Durometer: 60/90/60, 60-70
- Edge: Square, Sharp
- Stroke: Hard flood, Medium stroke
- *Do not use excess squeegee pressure
- Direct: 2 over 2
- Off Contact: 1/16” (.2cm)
- Emulsion Over Mesh: 15-20% or 200-400 micron
Flash & Cure Temperatures
- Flash: 220°F (105°C)
- Cure: 270°F (132°C) Entire Ink Film
- up to 5% Wilflex PC
- up to 10% Wilflex EQ
- up to 15% Wilflex MX/RIO
- up to 10% Rutland C3 Boosters
- *All percentages listed at % by weight
Shipping & Storage
- 65-90°F (18-32°C)
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Use within one year of receipt
- Ink degradent or press wash
- Use consistent, high-tensioned screen mesh and sharp edged squeegees for best print results
- Mix up to 15% metallic flakes for the desired look, mix thoroughly
- Print in last position or flash after each print if using multiple screens
- Print direct to fabric or over a flashed-dried base plate. Use a suitable underbase when printing on garments prone to bleed
- Tintable with plastisol colorants. See Pigment Loading section for suggested tinting percentages. Adjust the % colorant added based on the strength of the colorants and color saturation desired
- Metallics reflect infrared heat and a forced air dryer is recommended for curing. If using an electric oven, extend dwell time to achieve proper cure
- Curing is a time and temperature process, a lower oven temperature setting with a slower belt speed while maintaining recommended ink cure temperature is always best to protect fabric, control dye migration and reduce energy consumption
- INFINITE FX SHIMMERS can be cured between 270°F - 320°F (132°C - 160°C)
- Can be mixed with other Infinite FX HD bases or clears
- For cold-peel transfers, use a coated release paper or polyester film. Print using 70 duro squeegee and recommended mesh counts followed by adhesive. Gel at 212°F (100°C) for 60 sec. Apply transfer with heat press at 300°F (150°C) for 10-12 sec at medium pressure. For transfers on polyester, back with a low bleed white and/or blocker. Verify process.
- Stir plastisols before printing.
- Do not dry clean, bleach or iron printed area.
- Perform fusion tests before production. Failure to cure ink properly can result in poor wash fastness, inferior adhesion and unacceptable durability. Gel and cure temperatures for ink should be measured using a Thermoprobe device placed directly in the wet ink film and verified on the substrate(s) and equipment to be used for production.
- It is the responsibility of the printer to determine that the correct ink has been selected for a specific substrate and the application processes meet the printer’s customer standards or specifications.
- Curing is the responsibility of each printer to confirm that the print is fully cured. PolyOne’s cure recommendations are not a guarantee or warranty, but merely suggested starting points for curing evaluations as explained above.
- When printing on garments that contain certain dyes, you must pre-test for the potential ghosting. Please refer to our website for more information on this issue.
- Wilflex products have been carefully designed to perform within a given viscosity range, and any dramatic change in viscosity is probable to result in a change in printing characteristics
- NON-CONTAMINATION OF EPIC INKS: Do not mix EPIC inks with inks, additives or extenders from other companies. All buckets, palette knives, stirring apparatus, squeegees, flood bars and screens must be cleaned properly and free of phthalates and pvc containing inks. Non-phthalate emulsions and pallet adhesives must be used. Failure to follow these precautions may cause phthalate contamination in violation of consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Any application not referred in this product information bulletin should be pre-tested or consultation sought with Wilflex Technical Services Department prior to printing.