Epic Rio Ink Mixing System
Epic Rio Ink Mixing System - Gallon Kit / Without Scale / Without Pantone Guide
The Wilflex™ EPIC Rio Ink Mixing System is a PMS blending system which is state of the art. The blending system enables you to accurately create most PMS colours with high opacity.
|Included in the Gallon Kit|
|110RX Epic Rio Mixing White – 5 Gallon|
|190RX Epic Rio Deep Black – 1 Gallon|
|380RX Epic Rio Blaze Orange – Gallon|
|470RX Epic Rio Red – 1 Gallon|
|480RX Epic Rio Barberry Maroon – 1 Gallon|
|490RX Epic Rio Majestic Magenta – 1 Gallon|
|580RX Epic Rio Deep Violet – 1 Gallon|
|670RX Epic Rio Midnight Blue – 1 Gallon|
|680RX Epic Rio Aquamarine – 1 Gallon|
|690RX Epic Rio Indigo Blue – 1 Gallon|
|780RX Epic Rio Forest Green – 1 Gallon|
|880RX Epic Rio Sunshine Yellow – 1 Gallon|
|890RX Epic Rio Golden Yellow – 1 Gallon|
|900RX Epic Rio Electric Pink – 1 Gallon|
|940RX Epic Rio Electric Red – 1 Gallon|
|950 RX Epic Rio Electric Purple – 1 Gallon|
|960RX Epic Rio Electric Blue – 1 Gallon|
|980RX Epic Rio Electric Yellow – 1 Gallon|
Often Purchased With
Wilflex™ EPIC Rio is a non-phthalate finished ink mixing system formulated for a perfect balance of color accuracy and opacity for peak press performance and color design. It is an easy-to-use color mixing system with 18 intermixable colors that enable printers to produce accurate PANTONE® simulations. EPIC Rio is the most opaque color system in our EPIC line. Its opacity helps printers get to color quicker even when using fine mesh screen size, saving ink and money.
- Colorful – vibrant colors that pop
- Accurate – best in class Pantone matches
- Opaque – get to color on press faster and achieve greater flexibility in mesh sizes, print strokes and direct printing
- Low cure – save energy, reduce bleed defects
- Creamy Inks – manual or automatic press, press ready, no need to slow down print stroke
- Simple – finished ink mixing system, easy mixing, easy matching, easy printing
- Consistent – short run, long run, color to color and batch to batch consistent
- 100% cotton, 100% polyester, triblends, polyester blends, cotton/poly blends
- Counts 110-305 t/in (43-120 t/cm)
- Tension: 25-35 n/cm
- Durometer: 60-90, 70/90, 70/90/70
- Edge: Sharp
- Stroke: Hard flood, fast stroke
- *Do not use excess squeegee pressure
- Direct: 2 over 2
- Capillary/Thick Film: N/A
- Off Contact: 1/16” (.2cm)
Flash & Cure Temperatures
- Flash: 220°F (105°F) for 3 - 5 seconds
- Cure: 260°F - 280°F(127°C - 138°C) Entire ink film
- EQ: N/A
- MX: Use IMS System
- PC: N/A
- *All percentages listed at % by weight.
- Extender: N/A
- Reducer: Epic Viscosity Buster-1% max
- *All percentages listed at % by weight
Shipping & Storage
- 65-90°F (18-32°C)
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Use within one year of receipt
- Ink degradent or press wash
- Single print colors
- Colors will reproduce best over white - light substrate or single white base plate on dark substrates
- When direct printing over darks, print-flash-print using lower mesh count
- EPIC Rio is not a low-bleed ink; when printing as a first down a low cure temperature is required to minimize dye migration.
- Use EPIC Rio with EPIC LC Whites for a complete low cure system; EPIC Single LC White, EPIC Top Score LC White, EPIC Polywhite LC or EPIC Performance LC White
- Curing is a time and temperature process, a lower oven temperature setting with a slower belt speed while maintaining recommended ink cure temperature is always best to protect fabric, control dye migration, achieve graphic durability and reduce energy consumption
- Stir plastisols before printing.
- Do not dry clean, bleach or iron printed area.
- Perform fusion tests before production. Failure to cure ink properly can result in poor wash fastness, inferior adhesion and unacceptable durability. Gel and cure temperatures for ink should be measured using a Thermoprobe device placed directly in the wet ink film and verified on the substrate(s) and equipment to be used for production.
- It is the responsibility of the printer to determine that the correct ink has been selected for a specific substrate and the application processes meet the printer’s customer standards or specifications.
- Curing is the responsibility of each printer to confirm that the print is fully cured. PolyOne’s cure recommendations are not a guarantee or warranty, but merely suggested starting points for curing evaluations as explained above.
- When printing on garments that contain certain dyes, you must pre-test for the potential ghosting. Please refer to our website for more information on this issue.
- Wilflex products have been carefully designed to perform within a given viscosity range, and any dramatic change in viscosity is probable to result in a change in printing characteristics
- NON-CONTAMINATION OF EPIC INKS: Do not mix EPIC inks with inks, additives or extenders from other companies. All buckets, palette knives, stirring apparatus, squeegees, flood bars and screens must be cleaned properly and free of phthalates and pvc containing inks. Non-phthalate emulsions and pallet adhesives must be used. Failure to follow these precautions may cause phthalate contamination in violation of consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Any application not referred in this product information bulletin should be pre-tested or consultation sought with Wilflex Technical Services Department prior to printing.
Mixing colours to achieve the exact pantone you are looking for requires precision. If a colour is even a little off, the results can be disappointing. The Solid Precision Balance Digital Scale for Mixing Systems make the job quick and easy. Specifically designed for professional use in screen print shops, this paint-mixing scale helps you to mix the right shade every time.
This particular scale can measure things up to 5000 g in weight with the precision of 0.01g. It is an electronic device, and it will display the measure on a LCD display with a backlight.
- Displays all 2,161 market-driven spot colors on coated and uncoated stock
- Use from design inspiration to press check
- Two compact fan decks for easy viewing and portability
- Pantone Spot Colors are available in most digital design programs